Over the past few months I've been weighing the choice of Pre or iPhone. My thoughts on the iPhone were:
- Tons of apps available for it. I really like the idea of this, but realize that I probably won't use many of them. I'll install tons, but only use a few.
- It's AT&T. I only know 1 person who has an iPhone and doesn't complain about AT&T coverage. Most people I know put up with it so they can have an iPhone.
- I can always get an iPod Touch.
- There is NO insurance available from AT&T. Right now I pay $6 per month to get a $50 replacement if I lose of break my phone.
- New OS. I used to have a Palm Treo and loved it. New OS means new features, but also means bugs.
- Sprint coverage. This is good.
- Lacks apps. There are some, and more are on the way.
- Way small keyboard.