Monday, June 8, 2009

Connection Issues

It happened again today. I was able to make a VPN connection while at a client site, but was unable to use it. Does anyone have any ideas why I'd be able to connect via VPN, but not use it? The traffic must be blocked by their firewall.

Once I was able to make a connection things ran fine.

I finally copied grpconv.exe from my Windows XP SP2 virtual desktop to the X90. It didn't give me any error when I tried running Blackberry Desktop installer, but still no usb modem. I even tried to manually install the drivers, no luck.

This is my biggest issue with Mobile VDI. Without access to my virtual desktop, I'm hosed. I was hoping to use my Blackberry as a life line when a faster connection wasn't available. I'm still working on this, but I'm afraid that this is just a limitation of using Windows XP embedded. I posted about this on the Blackberry support forums, hopefully someone else has seen this and has some ideas for me.

Connectivity is my biggest concern. Without it, I'm limited in what I can do. I'm tempted to get a Broadband card from Sprint with a "30 day guarantee" on it, and return it when I'm done here.

I also really want to test this out on a "slow" connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment